Value of UTA
Members of the Used Textbook Association are part of a collective advocacy for the role and value of used textbooks in the educational marketplace. Membership allows you a share in the association’s used textbook advocacy, white papers, research reports, publisher tactics, and immediate access to support tools to help communicate to your faculty, administrators, and students. We encourage you to read more about our accomplishments and join today to become part of a united voice for used textbooks.
Together we can make textbooks more affordable to students.
Click here to join today.
Take a look at the Used Textbook Association's accomplishments
We have compiled position papers and other valuable information about the major topics that affect our industry. Visit our Resources section to read about the importance of timely faculty adoptions, proactive measures bookstores can take to combat rising textbook costs, textbook rental programs and more!
We have done the research for you!
Our top concern is providing our bookstore members with a dynamic, responsive resource they can use on their campuses. To date, the Used Textbook Association has been focused on the following activities:
- We've launched more than 100 marketing pieces ready for members to customize and use.
- True Cost of Textbooks marketing and communications kit. This tool kit provides all the materials managers need to communicate with students, faculty and others.
- Faculty Adoption marketing and communications kit. A resource that contains materials for communicating the importance of faculty re-adoptions.
- Stop High Prices marketing and communications kit. This tool kit provides the materials you need to show students you are working to lower textbook prices.
- The UTA has been active assisting in government relations throughout the nation.
- We participated in discussions at the Minnesota Taskforce to create a formal position and recommendation on this issue. We also reviewed a report for the Illinois Board of Higher Education regarding the issue of textbook rental programs.
- The UTA appeared in front of the Advisory Committee on Student Financial Assistance to testify on the value of used textbooks and the goals of the Used Textbook Association.
- We attended the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office Textbook Summit in November 2007. The Used Textbook Association presented the value and role of used textbooks and how used textbook are part of the solution to textbook affordability.
We will continue to update and add marketing resources. As our members share their concerns and needs, we will respond with new, expanded marketing tools, ideas and options. All ready for you to use – at no additional cost!
We've supplied members with language and artwork to incorporate in their own advertising materials to showcase their support of affordable textbooks.
We look forward to continuing to add to this list of accomplishments. If you have an idea for our organization, let us know. Your feedback will help us provide members with even more ways to help students.
Used Textbook Association
7375 Day Creek Boulevard Suite 103-211
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739
Member Testimonials Click here to read what members are saying.